As most men will agree, their penis is one of their most important assets, and caring for this essential equipment is a top priority. The bad news is that, aside from the need to wear a raincoat for each and every one of those steamy encounters, most men aren’t fully aware of all the important steps required to maintain optimum penis health and performance, but these guidelines for penis care can help.
1) Choose a healthy diet. Yes, may be boring to listen to yet another sermon about the need to follow a healthy, nutritious diet, but in truth, we really are what we eat, and what a man puts into his body has a huge effect on his energy levels, his overall health, and his mental and emotional state – and of course, on his ability to perform. A diet that is high in unhealthy fats, salt, and processed/fast foods just does not provide the nutrients that are needed for the body to function at its prime, and it can leave a man feeling bloated, fatigued and generally un-ready for any potential bedroom action. Over the long term, the cardiovascular effects of a poor diet can damage his ability to perform at all.
It is not necessary (and in fact it may be harmful) to follow the latest fad diet craze, but following the FDA guidelines for nutrition is always a good place to start. Men should work with their doctors to determine their daily calorie requirements and then focus on fresh, whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, dairy products and heart-healthy fats.
2) Quit smoking. Few lifestyle choices are as damaging to the human body as use of tobacco products, especially those that are smoked. Smoking damages the heart, lungs, circulatory tissue, and nerves. It reduces a man’s energy levels and stamina, it gives him bad breath, and it can even shrink the penis. Quitting can improve essentially every aspect of a man’s life, including his sex life, so there really is no down side here.
3) Use a sunscreen. Yes, a sunscreen, even down there. The UV rays from the sun don’t just age the face and other exposed areas of the body. Clothing provides something of a cover, but it does not block all of the damaging rays from the sun. Applying a sunscreen to the area when spending any length of time outdoors, especially at the beach or another open area, is a good idea; it can reduce the risk of skin cancer later on, and it can also diminish the aging effects that can cause wrinkled, dry-looking skin.
4) Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. All of the cells of the body need enough water to carry out their specialized functions, including those of the penis. In addition, consuming enough water can prevent the skin from appearing dry, brittle or saggy. Make sure to drink at least the full 8 glasses of day that are recommended.
5) Use a penis health cream. The average male may be puzzled by the amount of money that a woman is willing to shell out on skin care products. On the other hand, if he takes the time to think about how much he enjoys her soft, radiant skin, it might become clear that she’s actually onto something here. The good news for men is that these products aren’t all made for women, and they are not all intended for use on the face, neck, and hands.
In fact, regular use of a top-drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) can visibly improve the tone and texture of the penile skin; and this softer skin is often more responsive to sensual stimulation. Adding a cream like this to his daily personal care routine is an excellent way to support healthier, more youthful penile skin.